Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When Last We Met e1v1

Good Ideas come along every once in a while that you just have to follow. This is one that I had to follow through on, all the way. It was just too good to ignore.

It may take a while to tell this story, so I'd like you to subscribe.  It's a good one and you're going to want to know about this. I only have 5 followers on this blog, and most people don't know the benefits of subscribing to things, so if you would demonstrate your interest by subscribing it sets a precedent for others to follow, that it's OK to follow. This is a very good time to come along for the ride, here's why:

I solved Career and I'm explaining to anyone how to have a more successful career of their own, from now on in the modern economy. If you think I'm wrong, that's OK. It's my job to help, not to convince you that I'm right. I already know this stuff, so I'm not worried. It's my choice to share this knowledge to hopefully help others achieve more in their working lifetime than they would without having whatever it is that I know and am sharing.

It's different than anything else, because there are no other major career management solutions on the market, at all. I was accidentally challenged at the exact right time, in the exact right way to spur my imagination into dreaming up a way that could actually improve the economy. A big boast, but a smart insight.

A Friend of mine who wishes to remain unmentioned by name, told me several years ago that I could help anybody in their careers. He could not have been more clear as he pushed his index finger into my chest: "You! Rob Segall! If you can do this for me?!, You can do this for Anybody. Anybody!"

"You are responsible for all of my professional success" is what I want to remember him saying, but he made it clear, "Thank You" and he gave me credit.  I understood what he was talking about.

I understood that what I had given to him was a very small piece of support at a critical time when he needed it the most about some sticky situations at work. He never forgot me and he made it a point to come back and to inspire me to follow my own advice.  Because it works, because it's right and because he wanted me to know to trust own judgment.

So, I believed him and I believed in myself at the exact same time. And that's what has gotten all of this going, here and now. It's not perfect, and not where I thought it would be, but it's here, now to talk about and step into.

My nameless friend was the first to tell me that I needed to write a book. We agreed, but I didn't know what to write about or even how to write a book- so it didn't get written. The first book was going to be called: Phrases that Work, but it was too loose an idea and I wasn't ready to tackle it. Ten years later, here he is giving me credit for his professional success and encouraging me again to write a book. I still didn't know what to write about, but he was inspiring me to remember that I could.

He had followed my advice and applied his experience to what comes next from actually following through. That's the key, actually following through. He did the work, and has made a great life for himself, jam pack filled with opportunities that are of his own making.  He showed me that I was right and gave me the confidence to follow this all the way through.

Write a book, yes. But then I had to figure out what to write about, learn how to write about it and get through it, all the way. All the while surviving in this world with a successful transition of my own to work with.
He said anyone but I mistook his challenge to mean, everyone.

I'll post more tomorrow.  Sign up for the newsletter and updates. I'd like to grow my followers and would appreciate a little of your time & attention. I promise, this is going to be good and you're not going to want to miss it. There is a lot to discuss.

Cheers to the Future,
Rob Segall
www.robsegall.com



No comments:

Post a Comment