Saturday, August 31, 2013

When Last We Met e2v1

Friends are the first people to tell you about your career. They see you as the person you are at your best and they recognize what you have to offer the world. They understand your weaknesses and work to insert their support into your life without causing you any more harm or suffering.

Most of my adult friendships are about getting together occasionally over time and for circumstances. Some friendships exist, but long breaks happen in between. 

And some of them happen because of my job as a recruiter. 

The people who have endorsed me on my LinkedIn profile are doing so because they understand me at a level that they appreciate and respect. They recognize that I have a lot to offer and they want to demonstrate their support in a small but meaningful way.

We met, because we had reason to. They trusted me because they chose to. They endorsed me because I did not let them down in the time we had together.

I started writing without knowing fully, what the book was going to be about, aside from a book on Career Success. I needed to understand my own career better and decided that it was appropriate to learn from people who were more successful than I was.  As a Recruiter I had that opportunity, every day. 

Career is this tricky subject that we don't ever really talk about. How to be successful in your career is something that almost never comes up. It's a different kind of conversation that more of us need to have and in a different context than our current results are generating. 

What I've written about is a big idea. It's about the paper trail of progress and how you turn your experience into expertise. It's about being smarter than you are told that you are and building your future on foundations you don't yet recognize how to set. It's about finding opportunities and catapulting yourself into them. It's about empowering you and your future. 
It's a big idea and I didn't come all this way to let you down.

It's their job, but it's your career. Days away.



No comments:

Post a Comment